lundi 26 décembre 2011

So here we are turning thirty

Or, as I like to put it, 28 for the third time.

On Saturday December 17th, three days after the big 3-0, Anthony told me we were going out for dinner. It turns out that he is taking me to a bar we go to from time to time, and that olivia, my super mate, has organised a surprise party for me with my school friends, uni friends (from france, Brighton was understandably not represented), parents and generally nearest and dearest. I was given some lovely presents, thought the one that touched me most was a huge album my parents and Olivia compiled with pictures from 0-30 and all the people I love here and abroad. Wept like a baby and poor Marie, who had already trawled around Galeries Lafayette before Xmas with Chook to find my perfect pressies, had to mop up the rivers of mascara in the tiny loo. Thank you all so much forthat incredible surprise!

Merci à toi ma Miss pour cette surprise exceptionnelle et inoubliable, cette preuve d'amitié dont toi seule a le secret, pour tes efforts et ta réussite, et pour cette amitié sans laquelle je ne serais pas comblée comme je pense l'être. Love you OFDMV.

Aucun commentaire: