samedi 3 novembre 2012

So here we are drooling over cute baby stuff

You know that super annoying fad, where people bombard you with cute kitten stuff? Kitten yawning, kitten asleep in slipper, kitten falling off chair arm, kitten looking woozy? Well, it's really annoying. Which is why I'm only going to do it with cute baby stuff. Not cute babies, god no, how last season, but the clothes... I have to admit, I finally see what all the fuss is about. IT'S JUST ALL SO BLOODY CUTE. And expensive I might add, but will leave that rant for another post maybe.

There are two types of cute that I have identified so far. The cute because it's funny, and the cute because it's tiny (I'll probably have a heart attack due to overcuteness if both are combined).

Yesterday, Gorgeous Chook and I spent a fortune on the latter as we have to start thinking about putting the maternity bag together, and as Elspeth will arrive in the depths of winter (we hope) it has to be all warm and woolly and fluffy (more cuteness). So here are a couple of the cutest so far.



 Scale is important to grasp tiny- cuteness so here is our reference.




 Please note the bobble on the woolly hat. This is lovely and soft and will be hell to wash.
 This is as pink as it's going to get I hope, but the little feet were just to much to resist


  And my personal fave, possibly due to the late 19th century sleeping hat. The booties I can barely talk about without getting cuteness spasms.














Feeling sick yet? So, time to move on to that first category of cute which  maybe is more accessible to people who are not sobbing hormonally into little pairs of socks: yes, the novelty-funny cute.I spent an entertaining Friday evening on various websites, such as ThinkGeek and CafePress looking at little babygros and outfits that Elspeth, being her parents' daughter, might have. It sometimes takes a bit of understanding some major nerdy, geeky and gamer references to get the full humour, but most are accessible to the masses.

Funny slogans include "Tired? there's a nap for that", "QTπ", "I like formula (a² + b² = c²)", "my daddy can outcode your daddy"and a million references to role-playing games, WoW, physics, Star trek and wars, Fermat, Linux, Perl and co, etc etc. Well I think they're hilarious.

So, hint hint, if you were hesitating between that little pale pink Laura Ashley ensemble and the t-shirt emblazoned with "diaper downloading", there's one we definitely won't be returning to the shops.Or of course you could just go for the cute.



3 commentaires:

Denise a dit…

there's a nap for that :D

Denise a dit…

Is she gonna be hoard or alliance?

Miranda Jessel a dit…

i love you Denise :) we're hoping for a night elf so obviously alliance