dimanche 3 juin 2007

So here we are sending ecards


I love postcards, all kinds and have collected them for years and have always loved the funny ones. A few years ago when I was living in Brighton I came across some in a little shop that went in for all kinds of kitsch shit. Anyway, they had these postcards. On them were pictures that you assimilate with 1950s ads: impeccable women with strings of pearls and shoulder length wavy hair beaming next to washing machines or men with pipes clenched between their teeth and working hard; and next to them were more contemporary slogans. I still have two on my fridge, one, with a beaming woman, says "I'm having my period and can therefore legally kill you'', the other, with a square-jawed bloke raising a glass of whisky says "Rehab is for quitters!". My magnet on coffee is the one on the right.

Anyway I have found a splendid site right here with loads of these cards which are slightly more pop-arty and that you can send! Wonderfully cynical.

1 commentaire:

totonuts a dit…

Those cards (the ones on the fridge :) ) have an amazing effect on me in the morning.

And coffee here in Hanoi is quite nice if you tolerate non arabica. Especially with laxer driving regulations, heehee! Faster, faster, pussycat, kill kill!